Monday, May 9, 2011

To be Continued (After finals, of course)

Damn, Already Finals time? Where'd the time go?

Well, First of all, I only have 3 finals this semester, which is awesome. Not only that, I had 2 of them on the same day. It was hard for only one day of the week, where I crammed as much words in my head, as well as drank as much caffeine into my body as I could to stay awake for 15 hour straight. But this give me about 4 days to relax before I have to do it all over again.

Wanna know why people say "college is a place where learning does not exist only experimentation"?

Because of Finals week. We spend so much of the semester just scraping by, that by the time finals come around all we do is crap knowledge into our heads, that are immediately extracted as soon as we pop open a cold beer afterwards, never to be remembered again. It's a senseless panic that comes over any and every student preparing.

"Did I study enough? I should've studied two nights ago!" things like this would never be said if our professors actually paced us to learn as we went along in the class, rather than just stuffing things to get an exam in.

Enough about that, it's summer time. Which I'm not really reeling in like I should. I have yet to enjoy sitting outside soaking up the sun with a cold Lone Star in my hand in a lawn chair. No, I may not have a job, but I have so much school, that at this point, being 23, it's not as easy for me to enjoy simple things anymore.

And that is painful for me to say.
I'm only 23, but feel 33. (That is what 4 years of finals will do to you)

But, I'm only 23. Shouldn't I be full of energy? Full of uncertainty of what lies next, by which I mean things like "What am I going to do tonight?" "What Bar has the better specials tonight?" "What is everyone else doing/going?" and "If God didnt want us to drink beer all day why would they make 24 packs of beer?" (my personal favorite)

No, instead I'm worrying all day, every day. Worrying about what I am about to accomplish, become, or go. Rather than what am I going to do when the sun goes down.
I have a great life, a great girlfriend, and amazing friends who make my life awesome (roommates, that's you).

So, I have to ask myself, "Why am I not enjoying them and appreciating them like I should?"

I would answer but I have a test tomorrow which is 55% of my grade....

Lucas Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment