Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday mornings in the fall are some of the best things in life. You only get about 8 of them, so make them count.

Too bad I have studying and homework to fill up this one. Ahhh, the life of a full time student. I sure will miss it.

Tech lost last night, to a damn good Iowa State game. I'm tired of making up excuses for this team, so I'll just cut straight to it. We sucked, suck and will continue to suck this year. And honestly, I am just fine with that. I had my run to see our glory in 2007-2008. I'm kinda glad were going through this stage, it'll make it THAT much rewarding when things turn around. Win, lose, or draw, I am a Red Raider. I am Texas Tech, and I freakin' love it.

Speaking of Texas Tech only ONE week until the Baylor game in Dallas! I can already smell the fried food and hear the fair rides. This is gonna be awesome, because Tech has never played during the fair, so the players will get a taste of how it feels to play on a big stage in Dallas with people watching who don't care who wins, just so it's a good game.
I think of the fair as one big tailgate party, that everyone pays to get into. Fried Beer? Really? I mean, what kind of red blooded American would I be if I didn't try some?
I am more excited for my family to come see a Tech game. Last time they came and saw one, we lost to A&M by 22 points. This time, we play a very good Baylor squad and my fear is the same result, but It will be fun for them to see My Red Raiders play live, instead of on tv. (Also hear all the "raider power" chants and the other things our student section does.)
Oh, and did I mention I get to see my mom? For those of you who dont know me, I am fully aware I am a momma's boy, and I do not care. I love my parents, for everything they do. I miss them more now, than when I first moved

Besides the game, this weekend has been pretty good. Just trying to warm up for next week, but also Wesley's parents and Aunt came into town. It was great seeing them, I'd be lying to myself If I didnt say I didnt miss them. When I think of all they've done for me, besides give me the coolest/awesomest/best friend and girl I know, they have really supported and been there for me like a 2nd family. They are some people I'm very blessed to know and love.

Well, this studying wont get done by itself.

Lucas out

No comments:

Post a Comment