Monday, February 28, 2011

Alright, Monday Funday!
It was one heck of a weekend for me and Wesley. Jam-packed.

First off, Friday night we went to the Blue Light to see Emory Quinn play. There is something about the Depot District, Spring/Summer Time and live music that gets me all wired up inside. I absolutely love it. The Blue Light is my favorite bar by far here in Lubbock, and when you mix GOOD Texas Country Live music, you've got yourself a great time.

Then Saturday we woke up early and I came to pick up Wesley and we headed to her Folks' house in Abilene. We met Gracie, the new puppy. Geisha did VERY well with the new puppy. It gave me a lot of confidence to get another puppy one day, knowning Geisha could be mature and help raise it.
While down there, we met up with Wesly's friend, Megan Hale. Megan is a going to be a newly-wed soon to Sean Trotter, another friend of Wesley's. I can say, we had a lot of fun. Megan is an awesome friend, and someone I'm glad Wesley introduced me to. We all went out prior to this in Lubbock after the Missouri game, and it was a total blast. It always seems we have a great time when were around Megan and Sean.
Then that night we met up with Wesley's folks at Cypress Street, a restaraunt downtown. This place is awesome. We also met Brandon (Wesley's pop)'s Co-worker at his new job at Vanderra Resources. He was a baseball guy, lets just say, there wasn't a lot we DIDNT talk about.
There is something about Wesley's family that I love. I love the fact that they brought me in, and treat me well. Actually, more like amazing. Brandon gave me a Autographed Josh Hamilton baseball. It was a great surprise, and it got me thinking about all the stuff that I have experienced and have gotten to know while being around him and Wesley's mom.
You think getting a black dress shirt with your Initials monogramed on the pocket, isnt a big deal, right?
Well, I take it as, something I need this coming August, and it's one less thing I have to worry about on graduation day..."What am I going to wear?". This is thanks to Wesley's mom.
Also, the knowledge I have consumed by just being around the man, is remarkable. I know more history than I could ever learn watching the history channel, and the cool thing about it is, it's about Texas. Which is another thing I love.
When I think about me and Wesley getting married, I'm not gonna lie to ya'll (the 5 people who read this poorly put together blog) It scares me. I hope I'm half the man her dad is, half the man my dad is, and all this while hoping I can give/provide everything she could ever want.
But, then I think about all the years I'll be able to spend with Brandon and Wayna and even Brady. And it makes things feel better. They are such a blessing to me, and I hope I can some how pay them back for everything they have ever done for me. I will not let a blessing like this go unnoticed, or made default.

Well, that was my weekend. of course, Sunday we ate at the best place ever, Perini's. When, and if, I ever meet God at the gates of Heaven, and there's any chance that I'll get in. I'll bring me some of Perini's steak, or even the hamburger, to show my appreciation. It's that damn good.

Well, the Jobs report should come out soon, so I'll have a blog post about that. We'll see how much the State of the Union helped President Obama, in his hopes to wuitting running a deficit, and run a budget.

Yeah, like I said, we'll see.

Alrighty, that's it for me tonight guys.
Lucas out.

No comments:

Post a Comment