Thursday, February 17, 2011

So, today is Thursday. Great day of the week, it means the weekend is just one day away.

Tomorrow is a super awesome day, My friend Laura McCool is coming back to visit. Haven't seen her since she moved back to Dallas. AND, it's the season opener of Red Raider Baseball. One of my favorite days of the year. The weather was perfect, and continues to be, for baseball. I even wore one of my fishing shirts yesterday and today, cause it's almost that time, too.

I plan on tailgating before the baseball game with some friends, who are just as equally excited as I am. I am going to get some Rudy's barbque and have a great time just relaxing before the first pitch. It's going to be a great time.

Baseball does a lot for me. It produces the ability for me to hope and to show my optimistic-ways. Every pitch is a new day, just as in life, there are plenty of chances and opportunity costs everyday. And growing up, I found that my size could actually be used as an advantage in the sport, something no other sport has. Where do you see a 5'6 second baseman playing along side, and actually probably getting paid more, than a 6'4 first baseman? Exactly.
It's also only a few days until spring training, and my favorite team, the Boston Red Sox are gearing up for a season full of amazing expectations. Which can be good, or it could be really bad.  But, of course, my optimistic side shows itself, and I'll tell you it can only be good.
With my birthday right around the corner, Wesley is steady making plans. I swear if it was not for her, I would celebrate my birthday cooking a steak for myself and a Miller High life while watching sportscenter. She has a niche for planning, and finding cool stuff to do in towns. It only leads me to say, out of love of course, that if a celebrity was to ever want a good personal assistant, look no further than my girlfriend.
Anyway, for my birthday were going to Austin. One, to see a good friend Danielle Gafken, who was Wesley's roommate in college. And two, because I haven't been to Austin in 7 years. It's going to be great seeing D and I'm terribly excited. When Wesley and I went to D's surprise birthday in Brownwood back in November, it made us realize how much we've missed her. She has been a really great friend to Wesley, and she really never had to be to me, but she has turned out to be someone I feel I'm blessed I know. She is someone I truly see as a friend of Wesley and I for a very long time.

Of course, what is a birthday without a surprise? Wesley has one in store, and is growing hype around it like a weed. It's to my understanding that it involves more than her, me, and my Boston Red Sox. Although, I'm not sure in which way, but in the coming weeks I guess we will find out. I do know one other thing.

When it comes to Wesley, NEVER rule out anything, and always expect something unexpected.

I was joking with a friend the other day about this very subject, and he said "...Tyler, what if you get to play catch with Dustin Pedroia? Or get to be in the clubhouse during the game?"
I thought about it for a minute.

"Well, to be honest, I'd probably marry her on the spot."
But then as I said it, I thought even more into it. And it produce some wild idea that I was thinking about marriage, in depth, for the first time. And to be honest, if the smile wasn't telling enough. I liked it.

"...but, It wouldn't take all that for me to marry her." I quickly added, as another smile came across my face.

I guess, I'm growing up after all. And it feels good.

Alright blog, you got my best today. I'll try to do better next time. Until then,
Lucas out.

No comments:

Post a Comment