Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16, 2012

Well, today is Friday, which is awesome for so many reasons, but especially today because after work Wesley and I have decided to go to Top Golf.
It has two locations in the Dallas area, one in Dallas near North Park mall, and one in Allen off of US 75. It's this massive Golf playground, apparently. With Golf games, Bars, Food, TV, and even my favorite....Batting Cages. Been awhile since I last swung a baseball bat, might be pretty nice to get back into it.

I'm incredibly excited, not only for the fun, but because Wesley has been wanting to golf for months now. And I feel bad because, well to put it as best I can, I suck at Golf. I really need lessons. So, it's not worth ti for us to PAY to play on a course, when we both know I'll just ruin her good time. So, a place where I can take my time, and even learn how to swing the club right, while not interfering with her playing, AND has beer and food at our finger tips, is well worth whatever I have to pay.

I just like seeing her happy, that's all.

And then, of course, this weekend is St. Patty's day. Basically the Americans excuse to get drunk and act Irish. I don't care, I just enjoy drinking, a lot. And, of course, I enjoy the green beer.


I plan to have a lot of these on Saturday
In other news, my bracket has completely blown up in my face. I've noticed I have picked WAY too many upsets. I love a Under-dog/Cinderella story in College Basketball. It's March Madness, anything can happen.

Economic news

This morning I came across this article, explaining that Quantitative easing is the only game left to play. If you don't know what Quantitative easing is, it is essentially the plan of a Nation's Central Bank (in America's case the FED) to buy financial assets to inject a predetermined qunatity of money into the economy. The goal here is to affect the interest rate, by buying and selling government bonds. Or, in layman terms, The Government is basically creating money.

If you're interested in Who owns most of the U.S's debt....well, here you go. (I normally dont link to CNBC.com but they have usefull information from time to time.)

Mark Cuban has a blog post explaining How to Make Money as a college Student. I sure as hell wish I had a mind like Cuban's 2-3 years ago. Also, if you haven't read his book "How to Win: At the Sport of Business" I highly suggest you do. One of the best books I have read in a long time. It will definitely make you see going to a Major League Sporting event in a totally different light.

Aurthur Laffer, who is often called the "father of Supply side economics, has not changed his views on the economy.  I actually agree with a lot of his principles, but the thinking is a bit out-dated. especially in the spend first consuming nature of our economy now.

Alright, and last but not least, I wanted to share some pictures from my awesome life.



I know, Lucky huh?
 This is my beautiful girlfriend, Wesley Polk. We've been dating for 4 years (I know, "Pop the question already!") As crazy as it sounds, I still love her as much as the day I first met her.


And, thanks to My girlfriend's blog, Welcome to the Good Life, I have this awesome picture of my beautiful puppy. This Is GG. She is a 3 year old Akita, who has stolen me and Wesley's heart since day one. We adopted her and are extremely lucky. I'm so proud to have her. She is extremely obediant, but also is a constant source of love in Wesley's and I sometimes hectic life. She also loves fetch and sticking her head out the window whiel riding in the car. 

Alright, that's about it this time, maybe I'll post some more later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment