Friday, March 2, 2012

Texas Independence Day

Today is March 2nd, which is Texas Independence day. 176 years ago today, the best state in the union was born.
(P.S. very picture friendly post, not what I usually like posting, but hey, today is special)

So, in honor, I believe I'll share some of my favorite things about this great state.
I love Texas barbecue. It's probably my favorite thing, ever. Whether it's from a backyard or a famous restaurant, I love it all.


Don't try to argue. You wont win. It's the best. Period.
 Then we have beer. I absolutely love beer. I love all different kinds, but I usually stay close to the normals (Coors Light, Miller Lite, the occasional Lone star) And if there's one thing I love more than beer, it's beer from Texas.

It maybe cheap, but it has a little taste of Texas in every sip.
Another thing I love about Texas is the products that come from here. Salsas, cookware, boots, hats, you name it. Anything that says "Made in Texas" or "A Go Texan Product" is the best of what it is. Hands down.

This is my favorite Salsa to date. It also comes in a Smooth Restaurant style that is a bit milder for you wussy folk out there.
Speaking of the Go Texan label, I wanted to give a shout out to the work the good folks at the Texas Department of Agriculture are doing for this state. They work extremely hard to help promote small Texas producers of food and other products, so to get more of a fair shot competing in the super markets.

Next time you see this on a Label, help support the local Farmer and buy it!
Who could forget, I LOVE Texas Tech. Red Raider Proud, no matter what. I love my Red Raiders, and I love that school with all my heart. It has given me so much, and even though I paid to attend, I'll never forget what it has done for me.

Wreck'em
Texas also makes me think of Cowboy Attire. I am one of those folks who wear cowboy boots just about any chance I get. I love my boots. I paid good money for them as well, because as Texans, we know leather ain't cheap.




I also LOVE my Dallas Cowboys, as well as My Dallas Mavericks. Actually to be fair, I root for just about any Texas professional sports team (other than those down there in Houston, they aren't really a part of Texas anyway)


Greatest Cowboy ever. Don Meredith.

Greatest Power Forward in the Game.
And I guess it all comes down to this.

I LOVE Texas. The land, the sky, the creatures, the people, the stupid Austin Drivers, the Aggies, the Stupid Longhorns, The Cowboys, The Mavericks, The Alamo, The History. Everything.


Alright, Y'all. I'm sure I've pictured you guys out. I could have put a ton more pictures and favorite things about Texas, but I guess I should keep it short and sweet.

I'm going to enjoy the weekend with my Girlfriend and my sweet puppy. Hope y'alls life is as good as mine.

Catch y'all up on Mond-ee.

No comments:

Post a Comment