Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22nd, 2012

One day 'till the big 2-4.

1. I'm scared of getting older
2. I'm mad because 23 is my favorite number, and you know what they say, "You're only (insert number here) once!"

Well, other than that. Things have been pretty good. Last weekend was awesome. Friday Top Golf maybe Wesley and I's new thing. It's incredibly fun even if you are terrible at Golf, like me.

The St. Patty's day parade on Greenville Ave in Dallas DOES live up to the hype. But one complaint. I didn't understand why anyone under any circumstances would think it was fine to bring a kid from 0-18 to this parade. If I have kids, I'm simply not going.

Also, a coworker of mine invited me to a Stars Hockey game on Tuesday night. When I can, I'll upload pictures from where we sat (which is about 5 rows up from the Glass behind the goalie. In hockey terms "Perfect seats") I do have to say, it was an extremely nice gesture for him to invite me, and seeing how the Stars won in my first ever Live shoot-out, I'm now 2-0 in my Stars game-going. Which is pretty cool.

Oh, also in case anyone else was wondering, It's officially 13 days and 3 hours and 15 minutes away from Red Sox opening day.



One of these days, I will go to Fenway park and see Opening Day. This will happen before I die.

In economic news, because I will never, ever link or quote anything from Head-of-the-FED Bill Bernanke, it's fairly slow.

I did though, find this article. Student Loans are the next bubble, book that. And that's really bad news if you have Student Loan Debt like I do.

I hate to link to Newspaper articles (especially ones I don't subscriptions to) but this article was too good to pass up for a Agricultural Economist. like myself. The Texas Drought in 2011 has cost close to 8 million dollars in Agricultural losses, which will definitely have a negative effect on the Global Economy. I'm not a farmer, I only study the economics of a Ag business (aka "Farm"), but I can say with my whole heart I really hope we never see a drought like this again. The cost to human lives will be far worse than last year. Mark my words, an economy can survive one vicious drought, but it can not survive two in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment