Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 16th, 2012

Well, last I left I had a pretty good essay, this time will be much more to the point than last..

Herwego (say it slowly)

I had lunch last friday with one of our VP's...it went pretty well. I got a ton of useful information, and made a good friend in which I can contact throughout my career for advice or anything else I miht need. I was also told I have a bright future, and I'm a perfect fit for any department in the bank, Just got to find the one that fits me best.

Today is the 15th, which means it's 8 days untill my birthday. Jeeze, 24 comes fast!

The plan so far is My parents and sister, Kylie, are coming in for dinner on the 24th., along with Wesley's parents and Emily. I have never been before, but It's a brazilian style steakhouse, where it's pretty much all you can eat meat, which I also call 'Heaven'.



But other than that, no real big plans for my birthday. And I think I'm okay with it.

This weekend is anothe rjam packed weekend, with St. Patty's day and my best friend Blake and his girlfriend coming into town. Were all going to the St. patty's day parade. Apparently, it's a huge ordeal in Dallas. Anytime you have Dallas, Beer and a parade, it's bound to be a good time. One in which I'm ready to drink my fill in.

Economic news
Not much today, Just things I think people should keep an eye on.

In Wall street news, the biggest story is the Goldman Sachs executive coming out and bashing GS about mistreatment of clients. This is news because, in the History of GS, they have been very passive in their views of the company. Very "Plead the 5th", if you know what I mean. And honestly, I like the guys' point, but it's not a very good look for either party.

I understand that customer service is a huge part of why banking is what it is, and isn't what it isn't, And I understand the veiw point of most people that think Banks are social killers, but they are desperately misguided in that thinking. Banks are not world beaters. We are not selfish. But those guys on Wall street give us a bad rap. And for someone from the inside to throw the first stone at them, I congratulate him.

But, keeping it in perspective, we have to understand we are living in a revolutionary time in history. Free Checking is no more, actually, you can take out the word "Free" from anyhting remotely close to "banking".
And I back this with my full heart. You dont go to a grocery store and expect the bottled water to be free, just because it's a neccessity? This is not a soup kitchen, we protect your money with our life, we deserve a paycheck, too.

On a lighter note, President Obama has been blamed for the rise in Gas prices. If you agree with that thinking, I cant help you and you need to move on to the next blog. Or Google "Price control" or "US economy" and see what you learn. I dont agree with the man as president, but I certainly understand the rise in gas prices have nothing to do with his policies.

Other than that, it's less than a month away from baseball season. I know I'm terribly excited, but I cant say the same for Wesley. A lot of my time will be spent with the Red Sox and the thought of going to the World Series.


I want this. So Badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment