Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness

I forgot so much to put in my last post, I decided to make a new one.

2 in one day? Color me "Excited".

Today starts March Madness. It's about the only time I can really get myself inot College Basketball. I love the Cinderella upsets, the buzzer beaters, and all that comes with watching 18-21 year old kids live out a dream of theirs.

I would upload a picture of my bracket, but it's a PDF file, and it's not exactly user friendly with this blog. SO, I will say that I have picked Kentucky, Mizzou, Vanderbilt, and University of North Carolina to advance to the final four. With Kentucky winning it all. Simply based on the "Which mascot would win in a fight" theory. (When in doubt, USE THIS THEORY, IT ALMOST ALWAYS NEVER SORT OF WORKS.)

Also, I decided to not do my "Blessings" for the day. It was too hard to come up with originals and I believe I thank the Good Lord enough every night. So, there's that.

What I am thankful, though, is the patience my girlfriend has shown me this week. I recieved MLB 12 The Show on Sunday, and I'm completely addicted to it. It's a great game. This coming from a not-so-big-gamer but a HUGE baseball fan/player. It's as real as it gets, and that honestly funny because it's a video game, but the more I play the more real it gets. It's nice to see someone has taken the time to include everythign I lvoe about baseball in a video game (that I can restart when my batting average is not satisfactory.)

Oh, I almost forgot. I stumbled upon this article, Is the Dodd-Frank act too complex to work? It's a great read, and helps you understand the act. Of course, as a banker, I'm on the fence of saying this act is seriously hindering our business. It was made to reform Wall street, but it hurts Banks of the smaller communities more than the bigger ones. It was a great idea, but at some point too much regulation is bad regulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment