Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time March(es) On

I cant be too sure if I updated y'all on the name change. But, it's been done (and probably will happen again, so stay tuned)

I'm trying to convey my life in a blog, and given that, I'm trying to find a title which represents my life. And since, "Tyler Lucas loves his life, girlfriend and dog" is a bit long, I'm trying to sum it up. And I think I'm close, if not on, with the Young Banker's Chronicles.

I think Wesley told me (this is because I'm a man and I can only confirm things my girlfriend has told me with a 'I think'...but batting averages, economic news, and guy stuff take up way too much space in my brain for me to listen correctly) That if I was going to call my blog this, I should not reveal the bank I work at. But with the help of my prior posts I think it's evident which one I work at. I believe this is totally fine, because I feel as though I am a great representation of the company, and the intent of this blog is not to complain, cuss and fuss, or negatively hurt the bank's image. It is essentially just a outlet for me to put my journey through the wonderful world of banking, as well as personal challenges, in a economically challenged time.


Whew. Now that is out of the way.

Today is the first of March, which makes it my birthday month. 22 days away from being 24. I'm not exactly sure what I think about it, but my view is this. If I was to walk up to 10 year old me, and explain Who I am, what I do, and where I'm heading...would he think I was cool? I'd like to think so, but I''m sure he'd be confused as to why I ever quit baseball....

Other than that, I'm just trying to get used to living in Dallas. Adjusting is very had, and extremely uncomfortable in Cowboy boots. I do not know how well I hide my "hick" roots and country accent on a day-to-day basis, but I'm sure I do a good enough job to keep the scent off.

March is also a tease. Spring training has started, so the boys of Summer will be here in one month. Kind of hard to believe, but how last season ended for my Red Sox was incredibly frustrating and painful. I understand I shouldn't get so emotionally involved in my Sports teams, but it's hard when you love them as much as I do.



I liked it better when there was more of this. Stop breaking my heart.

Other than that, it's a period of Transition for me. I'm trying to keep up with all the economic news, which nothing big as of lately has come out that is good enough to cut this blog, and trying to apply what I've learned to understand it. As well as trying to decide what I want to do career wise. I absolutely love working in the financial industry, but I'm just trying to decipher which side of it I want to get into for the long haul.

Oh, and I did hit on some of my resolutions. I've started working out, and watching what I eat/drink. I'm proud to say I've had exactly 3 cokes in 9 days. Biting my nails in a habit quitting in process. But I am making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment